This practical, hands-on course is designed both for beginners and those wishing to refresh previous knowledge.
You will get an introduction to your camera’s manual controls, focusing on how to control aperture, shutter speed and ISO to correctly expose your photographs. This course will also enable you to apply a practical and theoretical knowledge to help you use a digital camera effectively and creatively.
What you will need
- A digital camera with manual controls.
What you will learn
- How to work your camera in full manual mode.
- How to use aperture, shutter speed and ISO to create the correct exposure for a given photograph.
- How to use aperture to control the depth of field (the area in focus) and whether to use a shallow or large depth of field depending on the scene.
- How to use shutter speed to either freeze the subject or capture motion in your photograph.
- How to use ISO to change the sensor’s sensitivity to light, to either brighten or darken the photograph.
- A variety of compositions and framing techniques to consider when taking a photograph.
- An understanding of colour theory and how to create balanced colour combinations, and how to use colours to evoke certain feelings, moods or emotions.
For more information contact Conor at firstname.lastname@example.org