Our classroom training provides you the opportunity to interact with instructors and benefit from face-to-face instruction.
Features, functions and techniques for analysing & visualising large data sets using Excel.
- All staff who analyse large data sets or databases
- Business/Finance Analysts
- Internal/External/IS Auditors
- Systems Accountants
- Finance/Accounting staff
- A sound working knowledge of a range of tools and techniques you can use to visualise and analyse data quickly and efficiently.
- Enhanced skills and knowledge of presentation techniques using the latest Excel functions and features.
Students will receive a course manual with presentation slides and reference materials.
There is no exam for this course.
- Internet for downloading the eBook
- Laptop, tablet, Smartphone, eReader (No Kindle)
- Adobe DRM supported software (e.g. Digital Editions, Bluefire Reader)
- eBook download and activation instructions
Analysing Data Held in Excel
- Importing data files
- Useful functions: splitting cells, combining cells, linking multiple tables of data together
- Error checking and error handling
- Advanced Filters
Excel’s Analysis Tools
- Group & Outline
- Conditional Formatting
- Charting Techniques
- Pivot Tables
- Pivot Charts
Analysing External Data
- Database Fundamentals
- Connecting to databases
- Using Microsoft Query
- OLAP Cube Fundamentals
- Analysing OLAP Cube data