St Patrick's Church

St Patrick's Church

Designed by Timothy Hevey and Mortimer Thompson and consecrated in 1877 the Gothic Revival church stands on the site of an earlier church which was opened in 1810.

Sir John Lavery, who was baptised here, painted a triptych of St Patrick, the Madonna and St Bridget, using his beautiful wife, Hazel (the face on Irish banknotes for many years) as the model for Madonna. The statue of St Patrick above the door and the imposing high altar were carved by Neill & Pearse (father of famous Irish Nationalist leader Patrick Pearse).

199 Donegall Street, Belfast, BT1 2FL
Contact: 028 9032 4597

Other Places Like This